Deepthoughtsfuzzymemories

Thursday, December 09, 2004

My Dad

As some of you know, my dad is very sick right now. My absence from writing is a combination of the holidays and dealing with family issues right now. Even this post isn't the post I want to make - but it's all I can do in the 30 seconds I have right now.

You've all been tremendously supportive and encouraging and the depths of my appreciation can't begin to be told in this 30 second time spot - so, for now, just know I'm here. I'm okay. I'm just a little overwhelmed with this "Dad Stuff." Some days I can't stop crying, other days, well, other days I guess all I can say is, I cry less.

I'm not in a very holiday happy spirit. I'm tired. I haven't bought a single gift. No tree. I can't even decide if I should have a tree. The thing I'm looking the most forward to is the possibility of having my niece and nephew here to visit for a week or so after Christmas. They bring me great joy and honestly that's the only Christmas gift I want right now.

Okay, see, I'm over my 30 seconds and haven't even gotten past if I should put up a tree or not.

I'll be back. And thanks for being here.

3 Comments:

  • I'm sorry to hear about your dad and wish you great strength and peace, Terri.

    Tree or no tree? How about maybe a compromise and get one of those 12 inch live trees (like they sell in the grocery store and wal-mart) and set it somewhere you can enjoy it without all the hassle?

    Gifts? YOU are the best gift you can give your friends and family, and I for one, do appreciate you. Your niece and nephew will surely enjoy just seeing you.

    I think it's TOWARDS, but then again, I could be wrong. LOL!

    Take care of you and remember to smile every day, even if it's just because you have another day to share with loved ones.

    By Blogger Zette, At 2:20 AM  

  • ~gives ya a big hug hoping your dad gets better soon~

    Here's hoping your holiday season gets much better for you hon..

    Dave

    By Blogger Dave, At 4:44 AM  

  • Thinking of you. I do have some idea of what you are going through.

    By Blogger Jennytc, At 5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home